Hang on to your hats and glasses ’cause this here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness!
Climb abroad a runaway mine train and experience the wildest ride in the wilderness! Quick turns and lots of speed (but no big drops) are the key to this fun expedition through Big Thunder Mining Company’s abandoned gold mine. The interactive queue area will keep you occupied if you are waiting in the stand-by line. This fun, quick attraction can be enjoyed by the whole family! Beware if you are riding in the back near the caboose, you will get jostled around more than other areas of the vehicle.
- Ages: 6+ (40″ height requirement)
- Length: 4 minute ride
- Queue: Interactive, outdoors and covered
- Reader Rating: ★★★★★ (Click here to rate Big Thunder)
- FastPass+: Yes
- When to Ride: Before 10 am, an hour before the park closes, or with FastPass+
- Location: Frontierland
- Rider Swap*: Yes
- Load Speed: Fast
- Physical Considerations**: Yes
- Wheelchair/ECV transfer: Per Disney: Guests must transfer from their wheelchair, motorized scooter or ECV to board the ride vehicle.
- E-Ticket attraction
- Mine train ride through the Wild West
Tip: If you are visiting during a parade, hop on the Walt Disney World Railroad at the Main Street station and get off at the Frontierland station to avoid the parade congestion on Main Street!
*Rider Swap allows members of a group to take turns riding certain attractions while the rest of the group stays with the group’s young non-rider(s). The first part of the group waits in line, and the second part of the group is able to ride afterwards with a short wait. (Back to top)
**Physical Considerations: Per Disney: For your safety, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not ride. (Back to top)